TIMBER PLAY-SAFE PALISADE
Perimeter Fencing Solutions supply and install a large range of timber fencing systems for just about any purpose. Utilising our vast experience in all aspect of the perimeter fencing industry, we offer superior Timber Play-Safe Palisade systems compliant with all applicable British safety standards.
As a core part of our business, we have been contracted to undertake fencing projects for Local Authorities, the NHS and across the private sector. Our design teams are experienced professionals who work from an initial site survey to produce imaginative solutions to even the most complex issues. As an essential part of installing safe play fencing systems, we observe the tightest quality and safety standards as laid out in section 1722 of the British Standards. Our installation teams are trained and accredited to carry out these installations and are available across the UK.
MORE ABOUT TIMBER PLAY-SAFE PALISADE
Construction: Our Play-Safe Timber Fencing is very popular in residential, education, and playground settings. Palisade fencing is constructed from 2 horizontal running rails that support upright infill sections separated by gaps of a specified width. It can be constructed from metal or timber but for the purposes of safety in children’s play areas, timber construction is used in the main.
Fixing: At Perimeter Fencing Solutions we are able to offer any of our systems with base plated posts to bolt to a suitable foundation. We can also bury the posts into concrete foundation. Posts with a wider profile for greater strength are often specified for local authority and public projects.
Materials: All of our timber is home grown in the UK and is pressure treated green or brown but you can specify different colours for the system if required. Play areas for children often feature bright and vibrant fencing colour schemes. We can supply the system at heights between 0.9m and 1.2m.
IMPORTANT CONSIDERATIONS FOR PLAY-SAFE TIMBER FENCING
- Careful design that eliminates any possibility that a child might become entrapped in any part of the fencing or gate system
- Designation of an enclosed area as a safe play space for children.
- Secure fixing of proprietary caps and edgings
- No sharp or projected elements that represent risk of injury
- Normal specification is minimum1 metre high for public play areas
- Use of robust materials and tamper-proof fittings that not only anticipate the possibility of vandalism but also provide a long life with minimal maintenance
- Gates and access considerations; for example sprung hinges that self-close the gates to prevent dogs and other animals gaining access to play areas.
CONTRACTING WITH PERIMETER FENCING SOLUTIONS
With over five decades of combined experience in the industry, the leadership team at Perimeter Fencing Solutions have built up a large portfolio of successful projects in the private and public sector. We offer initial site surveys and consultations at the early planning stages and the right design and installation staff to carry any project large or small through to successful completion.
With bases in England and Wales, we provide coverage throughout the United Kingdom. Get in touch with us using the contact details throughout this site. We have helpful and experienced staff standing by to offer advice and assistance.